Seven Minutes after the previous post
My cellphone beeps. I got an SMS.Her: You Busy?
I decided to let her wait. I’ll reply after five minutes, I said to myself.
Me: Sort of. What’s up?
Her: Guess who’s in town today….ME!!! You free for coffee later?
I felt palpitations, but I didn’t want to be overeager.
Me: Just have a few things to finish. But sige. I’ll sneak out mamya around 3?
Her: Great! I’ll pick you up na lang, so you don’t have to drive. Text you when I get there.
So I went down to the lobby at 3pm and waited for her. As soon as I opened the passenger seat I was greeted by my teary-wide-eyed friend and bursting in excitement, and with a higher than usual pitch, she screamed: “Meeeeeeegs!!!! My God! I can’t believe I’m seeing you,” gives me a tight hug and then says, “Grabe, I missed you so much…Did you miss me?” At the back of my mind I was saying: kung alam mo lang.
So we went to the nearby Starbucks and sat down. I thought it was an opportune time to say what needs to be said to liberate myself. But before I could talk, she was so excited to talk to me about anything and everything.
She started off with talking about life in the other continent. Then she started talking about a particular man, a man she’s never mentioned before. The man who has captured her heart. The man she’s currently seeing. She described the man to me and practically told me their entire love story; from the time they met, started hanging out, the kind of connection they have. It was a nice love story. I actually felt a bit of kilig feeling, while listening. Although I was dying inside as well.
I can see she’s very much in love. I can sense that she’s extremely happy. I can see she’s at peace.
And he seems to be a great guy. Very different from the bad boys and worthless men she used to date. The guy is stable and has a very strong faith in God. From her description he could be the guy I would want my sister to date.
And it breaks my heart.
It is so hard to rebut her, when everything seems to be right. It’s almost impossible to debunk him; given the things I have been told.
Everything’s well for her.I should be happy.
Well, part of me is happy. I am happy that she’s finally found the one. There is a high probably that he could be the ONE. I believe so.
And so while I have resolved to let my feelings out, I guess the most honorable option at this point is self-preservation.
Coffee break ended. I thanked her for the nice conversation. She took me back to work. We hugged. Gave each other a friendly kiss. THEN I LET HER GO...
Went to the comfort room and cried my heart out. That’s it. That is the last time I cry about her.
It is finished.

7 Comments:
Ouch naman, sakit nun ah...
myohmy!!!that hurts.i would cry too if i were in ur situation.
ewww.. that hurts! parang story ala nicholas sparks yan ah! well,i agree with self-preservation pero doncha think, isn't it more liberating to let her know how u feel than keeping it all inside you? risky but then perhaps worth it.. we never know when the time is pero its better be done now than regret it later..
just happened to read your blog. read your last entry and i can relate. i recently just had my heart broken...it'll hurt at first but eventually, when you finally learn to accept that she's not part of your life anymore, things will get better :)
you can never tell. although there are rooms to cry and sniff or sometimes die..but there are also rooms to laugh and smile. perhaps the latter is just around the corner. if it's really love then it can wait. =)
blog hopping from jae's
thanks for your kind words.
i dunno what else to say at this point
You put her happiness before your own. Very admirable.
Post a Comment
<< Home