Some Guys Have All the Luck
Let’s take a break from the discussion on the depressing things and talk about this very lucky guy. He may have looked like a moron in that billboard, but I sure wouldn’t mind being in his shoes. Well, maybe not entirely, I want to keep my questionable intelligence and twisted sense of humor if that’s alright.When I first saw him and his then-girlfriend at school ages ago, I thought this guy hit the jackpot. Sure he’s an athlete, a pretty good jock in fact. Taking the glamour of being a campus athlete, the girl could’ve done better.
Looks-wise, she was quite the “It Girl” in college, being a commercial model and daughter of a high-ranking government official. I know there were way better looking guys at campus than this jock-turned-deodorant commercial boy; she could’ve done better. Hell, she could’ve done me! (That didn’t quite come out right. But I meant to be wholesome).
This lucky guy is Fil-Am so he’s supposed to speak good English, which could be quite handy in social gatherings. I just hoped he’s sensible because the then-girlfriend is seemingly intelligent.
Plus the girl was super demonstrative in terms of showing affection! It’s so crazy, every time I saw them in school – arm in arm, the girl wrapping herself upon him, and sometimes doing things they weren’t supposed to do in front of other people, especially not in school. And wala man lang ka-effort-effort yung lucky guy. Grabe ang swerte talaga!
Fast-forward years later. They break up. But get this: THE LUCKY GUY got to be the dumper…leaving the totally-caught-off-guard-still-in-love-with-him girlfriend as the dumpee. And to think the guy was the oven-toaster-consolation-prize and the girl was the all-expenses-paid-trip-to-Europe-for-two-with-pocket-money. Buhay nga naman…
Moving on, last year, I was at a coffee shop with a female officemate and she borrowed my laptop to surf the net. She typed a link that started with the letter “a” and all the recently visited sites starting with letter “a” popped up, including the blogsite of the jackpot-prize-ex-girlfriend of former-campus-jock. My friend asked why I visited that site and I said: “Eh naaliw akong basahin. Kahit Espanol minsan o Instik o kung ano mang language at di ko maintindihan.”
I was with that same female officemate at the mall for lunch, yesterday. O, BTW, did I say my OPM-crazy, CD-buying, female officemate? So she wanted to stop by the record bar to buy the new Jolina CD (She likes that song that was used in a soap opera). When we got there, we saw the new CD of the now-girlfriend of lucky-guy, who happens to be a popular singer. My friend goes: “Oh my God! Oh my God! Ito yung CD na meron daw siyang sinulat na kanta for him!” She was so excited to buy the CD; it was quite embarrassing because she was making so much noise.
On our way back to the office she plugged the CD in my car so she could listen. It turns out that the first song was the song Popstar wrote for Lucky Guy. First of all, I didn’t know Popstar wrote songs. I thought she just sang them just like everyone else, and I thought she only did revivals. I guess I underestimated her. Sa totoo lang, I never liked the song ”Because of You”, but the CD that my officemate bought was nice.
You know what? The song was beautiful. Mababaw lang yung lyrics, but sweet. And the melody was beautiful. Nakaka-inlove ang boses!
Oops! Baka nga sa boses na-inlove si lucky guy. The way I see it, that’s probably the single big thing Popstar has over the Jackpot-ex. The two girls seem to look nice and friendly. Although I like the jackpot-ex better. The Jackpot-ex looks more sophisticated and profound.
Ang swerte naman talaga ng lalaking ito! Even if he was relegated from MVP to bench-warmer, sobrang in-love naman ang popular Popstar girlfriend niya. Eh yun ngang kantahan ka lang ng mahal mo, heaven na. Yun pa kayang mag-compose siya ng song for you?
I wonder what he’s doing to make a girl – good-catch-of-girls – fall for him as deep as that. I wish I knew. Damn! HE'S THE MAN!!!
Then again, when I pass by EDSA and see that deodorant billboard, while remembering the nice text messages I got from friends saying I looked good in the pictures that came out of a publication last month, I have second thoughts on wanting fit in his shoes. God really knows how to compensate.

11 Comments:
If your ex is Jack and you're the house-and-lot-from-AyalaLand, what makes you think this post is for Triple A and not mere allusion to elicit a response from you?
Okay, okay I'm just teasing.
Just trying to have a quick recovery from the first paragraph of the last comment you left on the previous entry.
I guess I am THAT obvious. But who says I ever attempted to mask anything?
Maybe I'm just challenging myself to find adjectives and descriptors I could attach to the nouns: guy, girl and popstar. *wink*
And I'm not exactly envious of MVP High. I am just amused that's all.
On another serious note though, I think missed that part in Law school that said I could be sued for this kind of post.
Hehehehe...biglang natakot.
dear, there's no such thing as "just between the two of us" in the WWW. We can both get sued. hahaha. at least the comment did not come from me.
No problem with the pretty and we. Nasa "confidence level" lang yan.
As for nice guys, sana naman di kami mauwi sa "licking the wounds" each time "pretty girls" get scarred. I think we deserve the grand prize, too.
And yes, I used "nice guys" and followed it up with "we" :D
even "blind items" challenge me to think. i like this, i'm linking you up.
thanks for visiting my blog and admiring my photos. come back every now and then for more!
Okay, I must be the most out-of-touch person in the world or the biggest dweeb. Either way, I haven't got a clue who you're talking about. :s
hmmm...i know the characters...
which mag r u referring to?
Ako rin hindi ko mahulaan, naiintriga tuloy ako,clues naman ;)
@nikki: actually came out of several. ;p
@tippie and t-na: and i thought I was so obvious. maybe the June 5 post could help. wouldn't want to give more overt clues, ivah might flag this to the concerned people and have me sued. :D
ei..can u tell what's the latest issue where u appeared?
i'd tell you, but then i'd have to kill you.
okay lang yan Nikki, shy ako eh. :D
owh,come on!i just wanna see how u look like.m on ur side for miss triple A.hehe...puh-leeaase...ÜÜ
Post a Comment
<< Home