Uy-Ay!
I like to pay attention to commercials. The idea of trying to communicate something about a product in 30-60 seconds is something that appeals to me.You’ve probably seen the new Head and Shoulders ad. I don’t know about you guys, but I think the ad is RIDICULOUS. It’s a big insult to women. Did they even test this ad? What self-respecting woman would allow her self to be referred to as “uy-ay” because she has dandruff? The commercial would’ve worked for me, if they hired not-so-goodlooking girls to play the uy-ay girls. But the uy-ay girls were cuties in their own right, except that they had dandruff.
Add to that, they hired a male commercial model whose nose is so big, like thought he was going to sneeze any minute. He looks like the younger brother of Carlos Aggasi (poser, rap-prince wannabe who can’t rap).
Although there are real uy-ays in this country. Most of them were probably in Embassy last Friday. I met up with old friends – including Mimi. She wanted to “talk” so decided to hang out at the cuisine instead of the dance club. At around 11 pm, there were only a few people and we were enjoying the conversation about old friends. I would’ve grabbed a few cuties by the waist, if Mimi wasn’t all over me (to “talk”). Come midnight and several Smirnoffs later, people flocked into the establishment, and then came the uy-ays: men, women and gay alike.
It fascinates me: this whole gimik scene in Manila. People make so much effort planning their wardrobe for one night. Guys would wear either of two things: a really tight fit muscle shirt or nice coats. Yeah, it was so darn hot inside embassy, yet they keep their coats on all night. I wanted to go to the DJ’s bar, offer Sprite “on the house” and scream: MAGPAKATOTOO KA!
For the girls, the formula is simple: show skin. And I don’t blame them coz men are quite predictable and shallow; showing skin is the best way to make heads turn. And they were all there last Friday, skimpy shorts, tube tops, strappy sandals…taking advantage of the one-hundred peso cosmos. When you see them in the light, you’d have to eliminate half of your original choices. I guess the skimpy outfit and heavy make-up could compensate.
I hate to think this but a lot the girls in nice, well-though-off outfits seem to be hoping that by the end of the night, someone interesting would take em off. I accompanied Mimi to the comfort room (if you’re familiar, there’s a curtained area right before you enter the comfort rooms). As I was waiting there, one girl was so wasted, she tripped in front of me, and I had to catch her. So imagine me holding on to her, with her face so close to my face. I could tell she wasn’t wearing any bra, I could tell coz it was a backless outfit and I sort of felt her on my chest. Her friend was laughing, too. She didn’t immediately pull off me even as I tried to help her out. She just lingered there ever so close to me and I thought: kung manyakis lang ako… I didn’t see her in the light so I couldn’t tell if she was a babaeng uy-ay! But I overheard her talking to her friend about being a sophomore in college and I had to tell myself: She’s a baby, so behave!
So we went back up and as I drank more Smirnoffs everyone seemed to get more beautiful. Mimi was still yacking and yacking without getting into specifics, I could hear her talking but I couldn’t really understand her. I was entertained looking at overly dressed people trying to get hooked (partly wishing she wasn’t all over me so that this jeans and yellow polo guy could also get hooked). My only consolation was that she was quite appreciative of the “listening ear” I was giving and was a very “affectionate” friend.
I don’t remember how the night (day) ended. I don’t even know how I managed to drive her home and get home. I must’ve been so drunk. I still don’t know what’s up with her. I think she’s pregnant (not by me, of course); she just doesn’t want to say it yet.
***
As for you. Oo ikaw. Ang bopols mo naman talaga. You think if you gave me a different date than your actual arrival, I wouldn’t find out? Deliberate yun no? Para pag nakaalis ka na sasabihin mo lang sa akin, “Sorry I was busy. So many people to meet…blah! Blah! Blah!”
And you. You’re still not out of the picture.
Uy-ay! Am such a sucker for this!!!

4 Comments:
Seriously. This is bad. Now I feel like George conversing with Meredith & Izzie. Can't I just be that other guy?
On Mimi: no real sparks there. Mimi, Brad & I have been friends for a long time. We're kinda like "bestfriends w/benefits". I think she's pregnant because the last time a girl told me: "Ang dami kong tinatago na sakit dito (pointing to chest) na hindi nyo lang alam." and "I need your understanding", she was pregnant. So given the same lines I think Mimi is pregnant.
I don't know who the father is. Probably her boyfriend (a man different from Brad).
as for the sophomore, i am no cradle snatcher. so i leave her to the sophomore guys.
those young & reckless uy-ays are good for amusement. and i had fun "okray"ing them as well.
the physical stuff is temporal. it won't lead you to a 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration...good conversations always do...along with Love and Respect.
why did you let mimi get all over you if you didn't even enjoy it the least bit?
I don't think i ever said that I didn't enjoy it. ;p It's the least consolation I get from all the yacking.
I wear yellow coz I generally look good in light colors, especially PINK. But I wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink in Embassy coz there are a lot of "pink men" there, if ya know what I mean.
Finally some time to check up on my blog today.
@IVAH: I never asked for affection/action. It was given for free. And even if it wasn’t given, I still would’ve stayed with her as she yacked her way to kingdom come. My mom yacks. So does my sis. I’m used to it.
@GIRL: Am not sure if you got my quotes right. Am not sure if matetake ko na hindi siya Makita. Although I think the healthiest things for me right now is not to push the agenda and just let fate decide if I should see her.
About mimi: Brad isn’t in love with her. He just cares as a friend, seriously. They are not best friends with benefits either. Mimi and I are. Brad was never interested in her romantically, I know that for a fact since he is also seeing someone else.
Post a Comment
<< Home