Somebody shoot this dork!
After a long day of financial analysis, I decided to check on my blog and see maybe Mhelai already replied and tell me whatever happened to her friend Randall.Then I saw at the bottom right the words "5 comments". I wondered how that became so. Usually there's zero comments (coz none of my friends know i have a blog and I don't usually give this link to anyone, nor am i linked to any other blogger). There are usual comments from my new online friend Iva and we exchange our POVs here, so "5 comments" seems unusual.
I clicked on the comments box and then I saw three small letter "a's" and watermarked photo of a very endearing face and I just....FROZE.
Good Lord, she's read my current entry!
A few seconds more and I thought: Which of my other blog entries has she read?
My head went spinning thinking if there was anything incriminating I put in the last entry or the ones before. I didn't think so.
Then I found myself tapping my head unto my laptop's monitor realizing how big of a dork I must have seemed in my last entry. I was composing a reply in my mind when I read the succeeding quote.
Dr. Love said she's single and available, which made me wonder whatever happened to her Spanish bolero. I was entertained with his comments, until I read a section about destiny. It was so cheesy that it made me laugh so hard. I thought: Is this guy for real or what? So I composed a reply for him in my mind. An analogy between a Mac and Lexi, but then I thought that would've been so geeky.
She came to the rescue with reply number 5. Turns out the Doc Love was a friend of hers, much to my relief. The last thing I need is someone feeding me this Sleepless in Seattle blogger-version, serendipity, match-making nonsense.
On the other hand, I examined myself and asked: You intended to compare a girl to a macintosh? I mean what kind of a dork would compare a girl to a macintosh?
Then again, if I went to the whole analogy you'll realize it all makes sense(but I will spare myself further humiliation by not going into the details of that analogy).
I guess it's better to be a well-meaning dork than a jerk who breaks a girl's heart on Christmas Day. Wait...What am I talking about? Every girl deserves someone better than a dork or a jerk. I always tell my female friends: NEVER SETTLE. Why settle when you deserve the best? And you have to believe that you CAN and you WILL have the best.
On another note, though, I guess one of the pitfalls of having a public blog is that you'll never really know who reads it. That can be both daunting but exciting as well. In some ways liberating.
So hello to everyone reading this. I hope you make yourselves comfortable. Feel free to drop a comment or two. I won't condemn you if you do.
Ciao!
[Okay, coming from me, that sounded a little gay]

3 Comments:
on randall: i am saddened by the fate of your friend. i hope his twin sister is okay.
on your other comment: in some sick way, i gotta admit there was a fraction of a second kilig moment there.
hello! just blog-hopping and i was attracted by your kilig story with miss alexi. hehehhe...natuwa ako para sa inyong dalawa!
in some way nakakarelate ako. because a few years ago, i had an entry about my Akafella crush, Karl Villuga where i literally poured my heart out. haha. then when i checked the comments a few days after...he was there! he read my entry!!! i even printed it out to show it to my friends. hehe..
nice posts by the way!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home